The Facebook marketing for business it is, together with Google, the great bet of the brands with respect to the current digital marketing. Facebook does not stop growing and has more than 2,000 million active people a month, eye on the data !.
That makes this platform ideal for brands to make promotions and try to persuade their users. If you are using Facebook for local businesses (or for online businesses) you will be interested to know where this social network is headed, why bet on it, how and for what to use it and, in addition, which public is currently moving and if your business will fit into it in the coming years. This article will get you out of doubt.
As you know, Facebook is the social network par excellence because "it was the pioneer" in this type of online community. So it is the largest social network on the Internet and never ceases to be a reference in digital marketing trends.
If you are a company, you are in luck! Facebook takes several years with a change of focus in your social network. And it is that Facebook was previously directed and focused on all types of users, but now, it is aimed at serving those users and attract companies that want to offer to them. Above all, he wants to satisfy the latter.
1. Why use Facebook in my digital strategy
Facebook is currently a TOP3 of companies that dominate the Internet with Amazon and Google. Not taking into account Facebook would be something very daring for an entrepreneur and if you want to make a correct digital strategy, you should take into account the power that Facebook has in current consumers:
Why use Facebook for business
We all know that Facebook started as a university social network and ended up addressing a totally different niche to become a Facebook for business. There is no company that wants to be on the Internet and is not on Facebook.
In effect, Facebook for local businesses or for online businesses. This social network is now aimed at that, companies. And it is that they are more than 45 million pages active ones that Facebook has. This global market, already aimed at all types of ages, is ideal for companies to advertise and carry out advertising campaigns.
Yes, Facebook for business, the perfect niche for them but, why? Because it has a huge data source of people since it has been collecting users and information of them for many years.
That makes this social network know its users very well and put on the tray the most desired information for all advertisers: the tastes and actions of each consumer.
Benefits of using Facebook for your business
In addition, Facebook gives us an important and extensive service to advertise our business in this social network. The most important advantages of Facebook for businesses are:
- Provides own market niche, even segmented, of a large number of users including tastes and interests of them.
- For his multi-channel, since it has a user that visualizes its content through the Web, both in mobile phones or browsers, and by APP.
- They provide us Wide ways to communicate and diversity in its content: live videos with Facebook, forming groups, events, pages, images, texts, labels, etc.
- We can create direct advertising to the entire Facebook community at low cost and very segmented.
- Because of its analytical and measurement of statistics about our followers.
- To be able to use it as a place of connection with our clients and in addition it is easily related to our Web page or other corporate places. The Facebook pages for local businesses (or online businesses) become a Web portal and can:
- Highlight a contact button or 'call to action' to directly connect with our company.
- Create a facebook store, Where we can sell products to our followers.
- Use it with communication channel and attention of our customers.
- Wide range of services. Since at present it provides us with a section dedicated exclusively to this.
You may also be interested to see why Instagram is interesting for your business
User profile using Facebook
You should know that Facebook users have been changing since its inception. At the beginning it was a young, university profile. After that, he moderated at an average age of 29 years in 2009, where the average age reigned (frequent occurrence in cool media).
But currently,the average age is 40 years! and it goes up. This progression indicates several circumstances:
- The Young people no longer use Facebook. It is no longer a "cool media". They can have it as a personal agenda where they can keep family and friends contacts (reminding them of birthdays and others), like those who have it on their mobile phone, but it's not the preference in your content uploads in your day to day.
- The tendency is that this social network grows old. As the online consumer profile grows older, or rather, the second and third age as a regular Internet user enters the online market.
You can see more statistics about the Internet user profile in this link.
2. Advertising on Facebook for business
The diffusion and organic reach of this social network has become an unknown as it has dropped a lot, compared to times ago. Although it depends a lot on the actions you do.
And is that facebook has changed the visualization algorithm and is greatly limiting the organic impact of the pages of companies. Facebook is currently aimed at capturing businesses that are advertised on its platform (since capturing users no longer needed) and have become leaders of online advertising charging these companies to promote their services.
More and more advertising spaces in this social network, possibly due to this fact, many users currently prefer and tend to use other social networks. But it is that Facebook has very detailed information about its millions of users and is currently one the best channels to promote a business, being suitable facebook for local businesses and for online businesses.
You may also be interested in knowing about the differences between Facebook and Instagram
3. How to create a facebook page for a business
Creating a facebook page is very easy and intuitive, you will not have big problems when creating it. But before doing so, ask yourself the following question:
3.1 Do I need a facebook page?
If you want to have a position on Facebook, you can decide whether to use Facebook as a profile or as a page. Facebook pages have great advantages and also great disadvantages. Depending on whether you are a personal brand or a corporate brand, you should take into account the following issues:
Advantages of creating a facebook profile
- The Facebook's organic reach is greater, mostly, in profiles that in pages.
- Facebook profiles also can have followers, not just friends.
- The profiles have less limitations at the time of getting to interact with other accounts, and in addition, they can also connect with other profiles as friends.
Learn with our article to make money with facebook
Advantages of creating a company page
- Having a Facebook page will give you a great corporate image and a better positioning on facebook, although you will have to invest money to make it known and to see your publications your followers since the scope is very limited.
- Facebook pages have statistics and access to promotions, one of the biggest advantages of Facebook.
- Facebook you Recommend other users to Like Your Page, thus giving you an organic facebook positioning.
3.2 Create a facebook page
If you have decided create a page on facebook And so have your positioning on Facebook, you can do it by following the steps below:
- Go to facebook.com and access with your currently active profile. There you can create a facebook page in several sections:You can also create a Facebook page directly from facebook.com without having to have a profile:
- Choose the type of business:
- Once you click on any of the options, it will give you the option to choose the activity you develop and some additional information.
With these three steps you will have your Facebook page created. Easy! Right?
3.3 Should I create a facebook store?
Selling on Facebook is quite practical thanks to its Facebook store. As you know, Facebook has declared war on all accounts that with the publications that encourage the user of Facebook to leave the application, lowering the scope of these accounts as much as they can. That is, you can not give promotion to external websites without prior payment.
So to alleviate this situation, creating an online store on Facebook is very interesting if you do online sales and you want the reach does not go down, making more followers see your publications. Therefore, if you are a store selling products, exposing your products with your Facebook store will be a great choice.
You may also be interested in the following articles:
Create a Facebook store
If you decide create a facebook storeIt's very easy to do it! If you do not have an online web store yet or if you have it but do not want to synchronize it with your Facebook store, you only have to:
If you already have an online point of sale (Amazon, Palbin, Prestashop, eBay, Shopify, WordPress-Woocommerce or Magento) you have Apps to synchronize the Facebook store and your online web store.
- Go to your facebook page and click on the "shop" button (If you do not see it in that section, you have to activate it in Configuration / Edit page / Tabs >> In Store press "configuration" and "Show Tab Shop"):
- Choose the method of payment: pay on Facebook (with PayPal or Stripe) or off Facebook (indicating in each product the payment link or the link to the product page of your online store).
- After accept the conditions of use, you will have your facebook store. There you can add products (by clicking on ADD PRODUCT of the image that I put below this paragraph) and they will be displayed in the store section of your facebook page. For example, I have included several products:
Being the exhibition of your products as in the previous image and the exhibition of a specific product like this:
Example of a store on Facebook: Zara
We can see a case of one of the most successful brands that are always at the forefront of new technological trends, and in this specific case, to get diffusion and positioning in facebook.
It is the ZARA Facebook store. You yourself can have a free online store looking like this:
Do you want to create an online store?
Create your online store for free and in just a few days! Only from € 18 – $ / Month and our e-commerce experts will help you create it from scratch.
- Register your online store here
- Choose your web design template and upload your logo
- Add your first products to the catalog
- Define shipping costs and payment methods
- Set up your own professional domain
4. How to make an effective Facebook strategy
For make a strategy on facebook you have to take into account a series of factors and the best way to detect them is to ask yourself these questions:
- Are my possible customers on Facebook?
- Are my direct competitors on Facebook?
- Can I order and I am capable to keep updated this social network daily?
If the answer to all these questions is YES, then go ahead. Welcome to facebook for business. If you're not a great understanding of Facebook, I recommend learning to how to perform marketing on Facebook and follow this valuable Facebook information that I have compiled on my Pinterest:
4.1 First steps in your digital strategy
The majority of companies on Facebook do not know how to correctly disseminate the image of their online business.
They are SMEs or small businesses that are not prepared for get positioning on facebook or they do not have qualified personnel to carry out Facebook marketing. For this reason, if you are one of them, you should follow these 10 Facebook tips for business:
- Complete all the your business information on your page. Address, telephone, Web, services, products, etc.
- If you do not know how to advertise or promote your image and your business on social networks, contact a professional. Oh! and your child is not worth for this work saying the typical "he spends all day on facebook will know how to use it".
- Make a initial plan of social strategies, and from time to time update it, with SMART objectives to meet, what brand image to give online, ways to give good online communication and how to address your followers and consumers online.
- Value content. Even if you use Facebook for free business (without promoting it), do not advertise your services as an ad portal. That does not work like that! Show information of interest for your follower profile to get them to become future buyers.
- Quality content Do not commit misspellings or capital letters. TheWrite the content correctly! It is also essential and mandatory use of good quality images, Do not upload low quality images !. If you do not have a minimum knowledge of image design or photography, hire a professional even once a season.
- Do not incorporate messages followed. Do not make the mistake of "I have not updated for days and I will incorporate everything I can now". Between publications there should be a margin of 3-6 hours. I recommend using the facebook publishing tool or buffer to program your publications.
- Stay informed of the statistics. Facebook provides us with valuable information about our customers. You must know everything about them and work according to that information.
- Reply to comments and messages quickly. Oh! And if they are not positive, do not erase them! The client who criticizes you will make your audience see the best of you by giving a good response.
- Make one Facebook payment campaign every so often You need to increase your followers, keep your reputation online and it will also be the best way to reach your sleeping followers and a new audience.
- Whoever takes a lot of space, the less he tightens up. If you start with Facebook, you do not want to tackle other social networks like Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat or Tumblr at the same time. Do not divide your forces. Focus, if you have decided so, only to Facebook for business.
4.2 What content to publish on Facebook for business
This section is very important to take into account in a strategy in social networks and achieve a good positioning in facebook. You must have a fairly broad knowledge to identify what your consumer wants online. But broadly, you should:
- Create a business calendar and so on Reporting important events in your business: promotions, new products, best-selling products, anniversary, etc.
- Show your work, but do not announce its sale. Careful with this! The appropriate thing is to explain the creation process, the result, the before and after, etc. You want to make followers of your brand online, Your client is millennial and they do not want to feel that they are sold!
- Additional information about your business, communicating actions and information of interest to your community: events, collaborations, partners, press, clients, etc. Also reports and training guides for the good use of products of your activity.
You can see more about what content to post on Instagram and Facebook tips
4.3 Positioning on Facebook
At last that word arrived so recognized and magical in marketing on facebook. If you get make a good positioning on facebook, you will have a greater reach of potential clients. And that is the job of a person in charge of managing social networks and marketing on Facebook.
Increase the reach on Facebook
The reach on Facebook is the most important in strategies and marketing on Facebook. Although you have already heard about these, we explain them to you. They can be of two types:
The one that you do not have to pay to facebook for spreading your contents. Everyone struggles to have it very high but Facebook itself is responsible for limiting you little by little and thus pay to have a position on Facebook. Watch out! because this is very serious.
We are talking about Facebook for free business yes, but it will hide you until you need it so that your own followers can see you if you do not a good strategy of organic diffusion. To achieve that the organic reach is high, you must:
- Work with all tools provided by facebook: Facebook profiles (doing influencers' marketing), events, groups and other apps that Facebook offers you.
- Carry one very intense and quality content strategy. Uploading videos, images, facebook blog post, etc. All within Facebook without external links.
- Actively participate in the Facebook community. Interacting with other accounts, viewing and puncturing their contents, commenting and sharing them.
A good strategy is to use Live Videos with Facebook Live
SCOPE OF PAYMENT
Facebook provides tools to promote your business. Being able to make perfect payment campaigns on Facebook for local businesses or online businesses. You can do the following types of campaigns:
- I like campaigns. To increase your followers on your Facebook page.
- Promotional campaigns. Whether announcing products, promotions, etc. For this section it is very interesting to promote yourself by location and segmentation. Currently, Facebook campaigns for businesses are very effective and you should take advantage of it.
4.4 When to do a paid promotion on Facebook
In this section I will not extend much. If you want to know how to make ads on Facebook for business, you can see it in detail with the articles that our online business experts wrote previously:
If you want to know more about how to manage a facebook account, how to boost sales in a store on Facebook or how to conduct efficient advertising campaigns on Facebook, you can follow me on my Facebook page and learn from the tips I'm posting: follow Daniel Matesa on Facebook.
I ask you share this article if you liked it and answer some questions below to finish: Have you learned how to create a facebook page? Still do not work positioning on facebook? Have you learned to boost Facebook for business? Tell me your experiences and I'll answer you!
Article written by Daniel Matesa
Strategic Business Consultant Online. I help people achieve success on the Internet.
Other readers also read …